Satellite use in fighting Land dispossession

slgambare

Hi there my name is Stephen Gambare from Marsabit Kenya. As expected , there are differential endowments and application of the republics laws , regulations and favours. Northern Kenya has been at the periphery of the Republic and is now opening up for unscheduled , haphazard investments. Communities including the Rendille people are livestock keepers, their sense of space and ownership does not fit well with settled societies , within the definition of ownership, individual entitlements.Havinf realized immense wind and other potentials, large tracks of customary land have been appropriated for military and private investments. The idea of measure , say Ha, Acres etc or contracts does not express well to the management of commons. We have no platforms to fight dispossession , litigation is new to us, we also have to prove indigenousness and provide affidavit for our claims. I am currently leading activism and court processes that leverages on use of satellite products to quantify resources and assign values of our spaces. Coincidentally, I found a tweeter feed that led me to take up a few of these courses. Now we can provide valuable valid data points on deceitful appropriation. We could anchor - change detection to dates about maintainance of status quo or quantify resources on landscapes which the central government has rated zero . Because it's not claimed , it is terra nullis.
Now , the question of agency , contested representation , resources and the legitimacy to fight of loosely held commons arise. For example what will be the motivation to register a contest against a powerful cartel or government , where do one resource himselve to anchor well with huge and difficult work of technical and time matters? . It sometimes require given thresholds of personal pursuits , competence and persistence to fight for the underserved poorly organized communities like mine. Evidentiary proves from the space has helped leapfrog our evidences before courts and I had the previledge to demonstrate this competence to ground our case against the military acquisition. I hope to engage with the members of good will to establish necessary networks and support to sinker the invisible population proof entitlement to their land and pursuit of inherent their customs

Hi Stephen! While the focus of this forum is more specifically on air quality, there's a few other resources I can think of that might be helpful for your question.

Hi Stephen! While the focus of this forum is more specifically on air quality, there's a few other resources I can think of that might be helpful for your question.
Thank you I realized that predicament and would wish to figure out how this could be configured . Your reply helped

Back