Sentinel 2 data processing for methane concentration

mostafa.mehrdad

Does anyone have resources so I can use them to calculate the methane emission using sentinel2 data? I already have read some research papers regarding the problem but I need a more hands-on tutorial or maybe something with better step-by-step descriptions. My main issues are:
1- How to convert sentinel 2 (digital numbers of each pixel) to column concentration?
2- How to convert column concentration to ground-based concentration?
3- Is there any way to model the vertical distribution of methane for each case of study to convert the column concentration of methane to ground-based concentration?

I'm not aware of tutorials for Sentinel-2, but looking into it further. There are some guides/tutorials for working with data products from the Sentinel-5P Tropospheric Monitoring Instrument (TROPOMI) which also can detect methane, and there is also a new satellite EMIT that can detect methane plumes, which might be of interest.

I'm not aware of tutorials for Sentinel-2, but looking into it further. There are some guides/tutorials for working with data products from the Sentinel-5P Tropospheric Monitoring Instrument (TROPOMI) which also can detect methane, and there is also a new satellite EMIT that can detect methane plumes, which might be of interest.
Thank you very much, Jenny. I was looking for some satellite data with lower spatial resolution. There are some methods I can implement to use the Tropomi instrument but as I did the research it might bring some error when we decrease the spatial resolution using some parameters. Than you very much for the kind reply

Back